Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
notebook transformer envy 2х
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good time Everyone,

Please help to RE-Install Windows 10 from USB flash-driver to my notebook HP Envy X2 PC

(It does not load anyway, only like with BIOS).

If You know HOW to do it right and accurately on this PC model and you share this knowledge with me, I will be very glad.

And If somebody write for this process instruction STEP-by-STEP, I think it will be very nice and very USEFUL for me and ANOTHER person who has SUCH problem.

Beforehand Thank You for attention and Your help.

P.S. we, girls, LOVE our PC as like men love their cars-)

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Step 1  You need to change the Boot Configuration in the BIOS Mode:

Restart your unit and keep on tapping the F10 Key.

You will enter into the BIOS mode. Use the left and right arrow keys to select the Security menu, then use the up and down arrow keys to select Secure Boot Configuration, and then press Enter.

If the Secure Boot Configuration warning displays. Press F10 to continue.

Use the up and down arrow keys to select Secure Boot, and then use the left and right arrow keys to change the setting to Disable.

Use the up and down arrow keys to select Legacy Support, and then use the left and right arrow keys to change the setting to Enable.

Press F10 to accept the changes.

Press F10 again, and then press Enter twice to restart the computer.

As soon as the computer starts, a message displays indicating that the boot mode has changed.

Type the four-digit code shown in the message, and then press Enter to confirm the change.

Now that the Boot Mode has been changed. 

Step 2

Eventually it will take the boot from the USB (Provided USB is Bootable). If not Restart the machine and keep on tapping the F9 Key. Once Unit boot into the F9 Mode select the USB Contaning the OS.  On "Windows Setup,"  select the KB Layout and Langauage , click Next to begin the process.

Click the Install Now button.

If you're installing Windows 10 for the first time or upgrading an old version, you must enter a genuine product key. However, if you're reinstalling Windows 10, you can click the I don't have a product key option to continue (assuming that your computer was already activated).

(If applicable) Select the edition of Windows 10. This selection must match the edition your product key activates.

Click the Next button.

Select the I accept the license terms to agree option to continue.

Click the Next button.

Click on the Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced) option.

Select the partition and click Next. Once you've completed the steps, the setup will proceed to install Windows 10 on your device.

Hope this will help.

Regards
Shubam Gupta
HP Recommended

Thanks for the easy and lazy answer. Hmmm...

Your way is also answer on the question: «Where is the Star N-|( 10...?». You prod your finger in the sky and say: «It is here!».

All what You write there we can find in the thousands different sites with the same subjects. It’s total instruction for any PC. But some people come on THIS site, search and wait answers, which they could use like specific information for their devices by Hewlett Packard Company.

I see You haven’t any PRIVATE experience with the Notebook Transformer Envy X2 PC.

WHY do You tell Me what to do if You even don’t know it from Inside?

Do You really think that I mentioned BIOS and don’t know what key buttons to press further for the simple Windows Re-Install? Hmmm... If You don’t understand something You can ask additional question.

Your answer doesn’t solve the named problem with the Notebook Transformer Envy X2 PC and the RE-Install Windows for it.

In my case and any another person have just a little bit deeper problem in this device. So I want to describe all my steps.

Step 1 - to change the Boot Configuration in the BIOS Mode for Notebook Transformer Envy X2 PC:

Restart your Nt-book and keep on tapping the /F10/. After that we see the menu:

<Main> – <Security> – <System Configuration> – <Exit>.

We select - <Security> - and see ONLY another menu: <Administrator Password> and under it <Power-On Password>. And that is ALL in this section.

But if on this notebook we select - <System Configuration> - so we have:

<Language> – <English>

<Virtualization Technology> - <Disabled>

<Action Keys Mode> - <Enabled>

<USB Port Charger Mode >- <DCP>

<FTPM Support> - <Enabled>

And in the end - <BOOT OPTIONS>. Press /Enter/ and... we are there!

Then in this sacred place we can select - <Secure Boot> - and when we press /F5/ or /F6/. Our result for this option is the setting <Disable>. As we like it. That’s easy - NO problem.

BUT then we cannot find - <Legacy Support> - because on THIS notebook in THAT menu which we see NO-THING from what we need in the moment. Hmmm...

And that is VERY important PRACTICAL detail and NUANCE on such notebook like this one. And of course we CANNOT do the option <Enable>.

All what we can do in our situation: to choose downright menu – <UEFI boot order> - and to select under it:

<OS boot Manager>

<USB Diskette on Key/USB Hard Disk>

<USB CD/DVD ROM Drive>

<Network Adapter>

That is all. When we choose some line of this SUB-menu we see on the right side:

<When Legacy Support is enabled, UEFI boot order and Legacy boot order are both available and UEFI boot has higher priority than Legacy boot order>

And we CANNOT change ANYTHING there with /F5/ or /F6/ or the up and down arrow keys.

As I understood this message right: Legacy Support is <Enabled> ETERNITY.

Eventually that is what we need. So if all things are right there what we should do on such Nt-book:

We should change ONLY the -<Secure Boot>-on <Disable>.

After that we can... press /F10/ to accept the changes. Then press /F10/ again and press /Enter/ twice to restart the computer. Accordingly the computer starts, a message displays indicating that the boot mode has changed. Type the four-digit code shown in the message, and then press /Enter/ to confirm the change. The Boot Mode has been changed. Good Job.

Step 2 – MATRIX: Re-Installation... Windows by USB

When we restart the machine and keep on tapping the /F9/ on the Notebook Transformer Envy X2 PC we have the next menu:

<Boot Manager >–< Boot Option Menu> and then:

<OS boot Manager>

<Boot from EFI File>

<BIOS Setup Options >

<EXIT>

We choose <Boot from EFI File>, because all another options don’t acceptable for us. I have checked. But of course before this we should have turn on USB with Windows on our Notebook. And after that we have a chance to find ourselves in menu with TWO options:

1. ESD-USB [PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x6,0x5)/USB(0x0,0x0)/USB(0x0,0x0)/HD(1,MBR(0x845678F6,0x800,0xF9F800)]
  2. NO VOLUME LABEL,[PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/HD(2,GPT,F9DB8847-C4E9-402F-9B58-98D2C12887DB,0xC8800,0x82000)]

Further the algorithm of our actions has such wonderful results:

If we select option 1 (ESD-USB) we see - <System Volume Information> and

<boot>

<efi>

<sourses>

<support>

<bootmgr.efi>

And we can choose any from these, but we’ll read only one:

<The selected boot device failed. Press /Enter/ to Continue. OK>

If we select option 2 (NO VOLUME LABEL) we also have same negative answer.

I have trying to choose again <OS Boot Manager> and in that case I see light blue screen with sign:

<RECOVERY

Your PC couldn’t turn off properly. The application or operating system couldn’t be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File:\windows 32\winload.efi                                          

Error code: 0xc 0000225

You’ll need to use recovery tools. If you don’t have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator...>

And so on and bla-bla-bla-bla....

By any another way and when I did RE-Install Windows my capricious mechanical animal shows me only dark screen and the pending message:

<The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click <OK> to restart the computer and then restart the installation. OK>

And touch screen does not work also. R-r-rrr.

I have a HUGE chagrin... I’m really not very happy about it.

And You say me press here... press there... as for any PC. Maybe You tell me that I have an electrical problem?

HP Recommended

@Julia_Rose wrote:

Thanks for the easy and lazy answer. Hmmm...

It looks as if English is not your native language, but telling someone that his/her answer is "lazy" is rude.

He was trying to help you.

There are hundreds of HP PC models.

If you expect that only someone that owns a Transformer Envy x2 to answer and no one else is allowed to answer, then you'll be waiting a long time.

Re-installation of Windows 10 by USB is very similar.

I own Lenovo, Acer, ASUS, and Dell laptops. I have installed Windows 10 by USB. It is very very very similar.

HP Recommended

English native speaker OR... not English native speaker?
In fact it doesn’t matter. BUT it is really FUNNY... this is SO important for You.
It looks as if You have bad upbringing.
You cannot know what he or she wants... to help or not to help.
You can only...SUPPOSE. And this CHANGES all.
Why do You say for ANOTHER person? He can do it himself.

And it is RUDE when:
1. Somebody comes and doesn’t say «Hi», talks with You and then in the end ONLY... “Regards”.
2. You didn’t say any greetings or phrases of politeness as a NEW participant of our conversation.
3. Somebody talks with a LADY by similar tone.
It looks as if You don’t know the Rules of GOOD behaviour.
And eventually it is VERY rude when somebody takes away the DIRECT line of the discussion in another side.

Your train of thoughts was LATE.
According as my unfolded post № 2 we have the NEW information and CIRCUMSTANCE in the process of Widows RE-Install.
And I don’t wait ONLY owners... of HP Notebook Envy x2 PC.
But I will be glad to see skilled KNOWERS.
Somebody who has the experience with ODD cases in the Re-Install of Windows 10.
«Don’t cry for me, Argentina...»

And You can have all kinds and sorts of PC... which You want... with OR without Windows.
BUT we are THERE – in MY founded theme – to discuss ONLY ONE...
The RE-install of Windows 10 by USB on the HP Notebook Transformer X2 PC and its particulars.

When we call things their OWN names – It is HONESTY of our HEARTS with ourselves and with people around us.
AS you say me «Hi»... SO you have answer and such «GOOD BYE».

HP Recommended

@Julia_Rose wrote:

English native speaker OR... not English native speaker?
In fact it doesn’t matter. BUT it is really FUNNY... this is SO important for You.
It looks as if You have bad upbringing.
You cannot know what he or she wants... to help or not to help.
You can only...SUPPOSE. And this CHANGES all.
Why do You say for ANOTHER person? He can do it himself.

And it is RUDE when:
1. Somebody comes and doesn’t say «Hi», talks with You and then in the end ONLY... “Regards”.
2. You didn’t say any greetings or phrases of politeness as a NEW participant of our conversation.
3. Somebody talks with a LADY by similar tone.
It looks as if You don’t know the Rules of GOOD behaviour.
And eventually it is VERY rude when somebody takes away the DIRECT line of the discussion in another side.

Your train of thoughts was LATE.
According as my unfolded post № 2 we have the NEW information and CIRCUMSTANCE in the process of Widows RE-Install.
And I don’t wait ONLY owners... of HP Notebook Envy x2 PC.
But I will be glad to see skilled KNOWERS.
Somebody who has the experience with ODD cases in the Re-Install of Windows 10.
«Don’t cry for me, Argentina...»

And You can have all kinds and sorts of PC... which You want... with OR without Windows.
BUT we are THERE – in MY founded theme – to discuss ONLY ONE...
The RE-install of Windows 10 by USB on the HP Notebook Transformer X2 PC and its particulars.

When we call things their OWN names – It is HONESTY of our HEARTS with ourselves and with people around us.
AS you say me «Hi»... SO you have answer and such «GOOD BYE».

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt because it is obvious that English is not your native language,

but that does not exempt you from rules of common courtesy which you clearly lack when write that a person

who was trying to help you is "lazy".

If you cannot see that he was trying to help you, then it is very sad!

HP Recommended

I don’t need YOUR or any other person’s the benefit of the doubt.

And it is obvious that English is NOT your native language... You do mistakes in your sentences.

He can talk for himself. He is not a girl. Why do you protect him? Hmm... It’s strange.

You say without the direct line of the conversation.

It is obvious - you flood and congest the discussion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.