Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:43:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827248 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:45:03 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 11:54:22 PM by nwoolls
Merited by OgNasty (1), BitMaxz (1)

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device.

MultiMiner is Open Source with a permissive MIT license. Contribution is welcome and encouraged.
If you are interested in helping with MultiMiner, scroll to the bottom of this post for source code examples.

Special thanks (BTC, LTC, hardware, development, feedback):
atomicchaos, bronan, jedimstr, tk1337, purelithium, Beastlymac, BITMAIN, Felipeo, aauer1, iluvpcs, dualminer, asiabtc, Swoosher76, Swimmer63, LordTheron, x-hash

MultiMiner is a graphical application for crypto-coin mining on Windows, OS X and Linux. MultiMiner simplifies switching individual devices (GPUs, ASICs, FPGAs, CPUs) between crypto-currencies such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Zcash, and more, while also allowing you to manage any mining appliances on your network (AntMiners, G-Black, Raspberry Pi controllers, Spondoolies and more).

MultiMiner uses the underlying mining engine (BFGMiner) to detect available mining devices and then presents a user interface for selecting the coins you'd like to mine.

MultiMiner supports mining coins that use the following algorithms out-of-the-box:

• SHA256
  • Scrypt
  • CryptoNight
  • Equihash
  • Ethash
  • Pascal
  • Groestl
  • Keccak
  • Lyra2RE
  • NeoScrypt
  • Quark
  • Scrypt-Jane
  • Scrypt-N
  • X11
  • X13
  • X14
  • X15

Additionally, MultiMiner allows the user to add any unsupported algorithm, coin, and miner, as long as there is a CGMiner, BFGMiner or SGMiner fork that supports the algorithm.

See the following topics for more information:

MultiMiner also ships with a console application (TUI) for low power devices such as ARM-based miners.

MultiMiner offers several views, allowing you to display as much or as little information as you like.

For new users, MultiMiner includes a Getting Started wizard that walks you through selecting an engine, a coin, and a pool.

MultiMiner will automatically download and install the latest version of BFGMiner, making it simple for the new user to get started.

You can then use the Configure Pools dialog to setup each coin that you would like to mine along with their pools, including support for load balancing.

MultiMiner supports automatically mining the most profitable coins based on a set of configurable strategies. Profitability information is updated regularly from CoinChoose, CoinWarz, WhatMine, and WhatToMine.

MultiMiner also supports features such as relaunching crashed miners, starting with Windows, minimizing to the notification area, and mining on startup.

You can also use the interface provided by MultiMiner to adjust advanced settings such as API white-listing, disabling GPU mining, and automatically adjusting mining intensity based on the computer's idle time.

Downloads

You can download installers and zip files for Windows, OS X, Linux and Mono on the Github releases page.

Windows Installation

• Download and run the installer (.exe) at the above link and follow instructions

The installer runs without needing admin rights and does not install to Program Files so as not to be intrusive. However, if you prefer you can use the zip file:

• Download and extract the zip file at the above link
  • Launch MultiMiner.Win.exe to get started

OS X Installation

• Install Xquartz available here
  • Install the latest version of Mono
  • Download and extract the .app.zip file at the above Downloads link
  • Launch MultiMiner.app to get started

MultiMiner will automatically download redistributable binaries of bfgminer from the xgminer-osx project.

Linux Installation (Debian-Based)

• Install the latest version of Mono

Code:
sudo apt get install mono-complete

• Install your chosen mining engine

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bfgminer

• Download and extract the .zip file at the above Downloads link
  • Run MultiMiner.Win.exe using mono:

Code:
mono MultiMiner.Win.exe

Generic Mono Installation

• Download and extract the zip file at the above Downloads link
  • Install bfgminer. For OS X, you can find packages and for doing so here and instructions for using them here.
  • Install X11. Under OS X you should install Xquartz available here.
  • Install the latest version of Mono.
  • Run MultiMiner.Win.exe using mono:

Code:
mono MultiMiner.Win.exe

Source Code

The source code is structured in such a way that it should be fairly easy to use and re-use for other projects:

• MultiMiner.Xgminer is an assembly for controling either the bfgminer executable - e.g. launching and enumerating devices
  • MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api assists in communicating with the underlying miner via the RPC API
  • MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api assists in consuming the cypto-currency information available at CoinChoose.com
  • MultiMiner.Engine is an assembly that can be used to interact with all functionality found in MultiMiner, but without a UI - useful for creating front-ends for other OS's
  • MultiMiner.Win is the Windows Forms application

Source Code Example

The MultiMiner.Api.Example project shows how to use MultiMiner.Xgminer.dll and MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api.dll to install bfgminer, iterate through available mining devices, and launch the miner.

Afterwards the bfgminer RPC API is used to output the miner hashrate for a minute before the mining process is stopped.

Code:
//download and install the latest version of BFGMiner
const string executablePath = @"D:\bfgminer\";
const string executableName = "bfgminer.exe";            
MinerBackend minerBackend = MinerBackend.Bfgminer;

Console.WriteLine("Downloading and installing {0} from {1} to the directory {2}",
    executableName, Xgminer.Installer.GetMinerDownloadRoot(minerBackend), executablePath);

//download and install bfgminer from the official website
Xgminer.Installer.InstallMiner(minerBackend, executablePath);

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shacky

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:01:41 AM

Thanks for invest your time programming this tool!

If you can add the Planned Features, your tool will be the BEST!!!

Right now only exist one tool in Python who can auto change the ALT COIN to mine based on the profitability.

You should think about add another feature like controlling remote cgminers with API.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 06:59:49 AM

You should think about add another feature like controlling remote cgminers with API.
Thanks for your kind words and taking the time to leave feedback feedback.

Can you explain your request a bit more? Do you mean having MultiMiner on one machine, and having cgminer on other machines (without MultiMiner), and being able to register and control those machines all from within MultiMiner (as long as cgminer is running on them)?

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 07:22:39 AM

Checking this out now. will get back to you.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
shacky

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:24:14 AM

Hi nwoolls,

Yes, My suggestion is just what you said!

TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:19:33 PM

Good idea. I made a bat file that does the same. This should be helpful to a lot of people.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 11:22:44 PM

Good idea. I made a bat file that does the same. This should be helpful to a lot of people.
Same here! Then my desktop got full of different .bat files with different combinations of coins and I thought, there has to be a better way.

skyhigh2004

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:46:15 PM

Thanks for the tool it works great.  There was only one thing that would be nice to have and thats per coin cgminer settings instead of a global cgminer setting.  Some coins mine better with a few different tweaks i've found.  Other than that this is a fantastic piece of software thanks again for releasing it to the public.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 06:37:56 PM

Thanks for the tool it works great.  There was only one thing that would be nice to have and thats per coin cgminer settings instead of a global cgminer setting.  Some coins mine better with a few different tweaks i've found.  Other than that this is a fantastic piece of software thanks again for releasing it to the public.
Huh I had no idea about that. It seems easy enough to add, I'll include it in the next release. Thanks for the feedback!

skyhigh2004

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 02:32:01 AM

Found a small bug, on all three of my rigs I can't delete a coin once its been added.  It errors the program out everytime I try.  Also any idea if it would be hard to add either a positive or a negative percent to each coins profitability individually to add to coinchoose's?  I know coinchoose's adjusted percent of profitability is a good average for most people but I know personally I have better and worse real world results with certain coins than they suggest.  Again I have to say this is a great piece of software.  Very simplistic yet has almost all of the features a person could ask for.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 06:33:24 AM

Found a small bug, on all three of my rigs I can't delete a coin once its been added.  It errors the program out everytime I try.  Also any idea if it would be hard to add either a positive or a negative percent to each coins profitability individually to add to coinchoose's?  I know coinchoose's adjusted percent of profitability is a good average for most people but I know personally I have better and worse real world results with certain coins than they suggest.  Again I have to say this is a great piece of software.  Very simplistic yet has almost all of the features a person could ask for.
Thanks for the feedback. I've reproduced the bug and will fix that in the next update. I'll also look into your request as it sounds reasonable enough.

If the bug with deleting coins is giving you problems you can type %appdata% into the address bar of Windows Explorer and navigate into the MultiMiner folder to edit the coin configuration XML file.

12gaFacelift

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:07:21 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 07:39:58 PM by 12gaFacelift

Unzip, put cgminer in the subdirectory and click on MultiMiner.Win.exe its all good but where you add coin to mine on win 7 ?

Edit: its ok now i have it, im slow today then there is my excuse  Tongue

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:26:35 AM

not bad but why is there not a pool that simply collects SHA256 and Scrypt cycles, and does all the magic in the background, and pays you in a destination crypto?

Truth is the new hatespeech.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 02:02:21 AM

not bad but why is there not a pool that simply collects SHA256 and Scrypt cycles, and does all the magic in the background, and pays you in a destination crypto?
AFAIK there are pools that do that. The point of this was to let you pick your own pools with fees you like, plus be able to specify load-balancing and fail-over pools.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 04:01:10 PM

I've updated the links and screenshots for PR3. This includes some minor features and fixes as well as:

• Ability to adjust each coin's profitability by an offset
  • Fixed an error deleting coin configurations
  • Option to mine a single coin with all devices if profitability exceeds a configured value
  • Ability to specify per-coin miner parameters

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.  Smiley

welyoe

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:17:00 AM

I've been using MultiMiner and it works well ... so I switch my CGWatcher to MultiMiner.

Seems like your Strategies for switching to multi crypto is based on the "Profitability % Adj for Stales" column in coinchoose.com. I sugest your apps add additional option based on the "Avg Profitability Past 7 Days" column in coinchoose.com also.

That's all. Thank you and well done.

Smiley

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:51:14 PM

Seems like your Strategies for switching to multi crypto is based on the "Profitability % Adj for Stales" column in coinchoose.com. I sugest your apps add additional option based on the "Avg Profitability Past 7 Days" column in coinchoose.com also.
Thank you for your kind words and feedback. I'll be sure to include that option in the next update.

bitcoin-world.de

Activity: 192

bitcoin-world.de - The european information source

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 12:24:09 AM

why I get less dgc with 1950khash/s than its expected in coinchoose or coinwarz? Example: expected 290 dgc per day but I get only 120 dgc.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 12:29:45 AM

why I get less dgc with 1950khash/s than its expected in coinchoose or coinwarz? Example: expected 290 dgc per day but I get only 120 dgc.
That's a good question. I'm not sure why you'd see such a difference. My application only runs cgminer.exe or bfgminer.exe, and then reports things such as hashrate, accepted, rejected, etc. based on the cgminer/bfgminer RPC API. You can see the API request and response if you click the API Monitor button in the latest build.

Basically, you should see the exact same thing by running just cgminer.exe or bfgminer.exe, and I cannot account for any difference between those miners and what online charts predict. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help there.

The source code is all very straight forward and there's no tomfoolery involved. Everything should be reported accurately and transparently.

skyhigh2004

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:44:23 AM

Coinwarz doesn't account for all of the stales/rejects and orphaned blocks.  Coinchoose does the same thing but, also has a separate column showing a much lower adjusted profitability based on the stale/reject/orphan rate. DGC and WDC are the worst coins for stales/rejects/orphans that I know of.  On average from what I have read with WDC you'll only get about 60% of your estimated earnings and with DGC only about 75% of your estimated.  Definitely has nothing to do with this program.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: